Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cleveland's (and Adam's) Love of Ribs

We started this summer with Marc's Great American Rib Cook-Off, and we ended it with Cleveland Scene's Pig and Whisky event.  I never realized how much we (Adam) love ribs.  We also went to Akron's Rib, White and Blue event on July 4th, but I didn't get any event photos (just outfit ones!).

Let's be honest - what is a vegetarian doing at a rib event?  I'll tell you:
1.  Taking Back Sunday headlined the second night of the Marc's Great American Rib Cook-off.
2. The Whiskey part of Cleveland Scene's Pig and Whiskey event (bourbon whiskey).

Also, as much as I don't want to admit it, I'm incredibly sad summer is ending, but I'm so happy fall is among us (or at least fall-like weather, because we all know we have at least another week of "summer").  You really can't have it all.

Check out photos from each event below!

Marc's Great American Rib Cook-Off

Adam is in literal heaven.


Decisions, Decisions.






Romper: Charlotte Russe (c/o Audrianna's hand-me-downs), Denim Shirt: American Eagle, White Sandals: Akira, Jewelry: Assorted

My Handsome Now-Husband.

Cleveland Scene's Inaugural Pig and Whiskey







Pulled Porc Tacos, Corn on the Cob with Bourbon Butter and Apple Slaw from Oak and Ember.
Seasonal (Fall) Magic Hat and Ginger and Cleveland Whiskey Christmas Bourbon and Ginger Ale.

Yummmmmmm.

The saddest thing about this day: my camera dying and having to take outfit photos with my iPhone.
Oh yeah, and forgetting sunglasses.



Denim Vest, Stars and Stripes Crop Top: PacSun, Skirt: JCrew (c/o the Goodwill), Silver Oxfords: Mossimo
(c/o Goodwill), Bag: Goodwill, Jewelry: Mix of DIY and Assorted




We didn't stay long at the Pig and Whiskey event - I don't know what it is about Willoughby, but it gives me the creeps.  It's a perfectly lovely town, I just can't get past the eery feeling it emits.

Also, the day before Pig and Whiskey, my best friend (and husband) turned 30.  We had a bowling party and Stonehedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment