Wednesday, June 17, 2015

6 Games, 5 Outfits - NBA Finals Edition

So that's it.  The NBA Finals are over.  The Cleveland Cavaliers lost last night to the Golden State Warriors.  It's been pretty crazy around these parts, so it'll be nice to go back to normal life, but I will miss the excitement surrounding Akron.  

With all of the craziness of our team being in the Finals, I didn't know if we'd have time to document any full outfits (#spoileralert: we did!), so I thought this series would be a great opportunity to document more selfie outfit photos (please disregard the mess in our spare bedroom - I haven't fully finished my closet clean-out project)!

Game 1 - Blazer, Skirt: Thrifted, Tshirt: Marcs, Sandals: JCPenny,
Sunglasses: Charlotte Russe

Game 3 (Game 2 was on a Sunday, and we spent the day at the pool.
Sadly, I don't have a Cavs bikini, but I do now have a Cavs halter top!)
- Button-Down, Shorts: Borrowed from Adam, Cavs Shirt: Marcs, Sandals: Swapped

Game 4 - Kimono: Charlotte Russe, TShirt: Adam's, Pants: Thrifted,
Sandals: Gabe's

Game 4 - Bonus Outfit! I didn't feel like going all out Carrie Bradshaw at work
- Skirt: Forever21, Sandals: DSW

Game 5 - TShirt: Adam's, Skirt: Thrifted, Sandals: Aldo

Game 6 - Vest: Noto, Tshirt, Shorts: Adam's, Sandals: Gabe's

As I mentioned before, we were able to properly document one outfit (the first one), although looking back, I think Game 4 was my favorite:





Blazer, Skirt: Thrifted, TShirt: Marc's, Sandals: JCPenny, Sunglasses: Charlotte Russe

Go Cavs!

And now some thoughts on dressing for sporting events, which I'm sure I've discussed before on this blog: 

Growing up, I was always full of school spirit: high school, college, and now, not so much "school" spirit, but Cleveland spirit (except the Browns, I JUST can't get into Pro Football).  In high school, game day was easy: I was a cheerleader, so we had to wear our uniforms (duh).  In college, tailgating got a little more complicated.  I didn't play any sports in college, and FSU merch was always so expensive.  So I bought a few tshirts on sale, and altered them as I went through school.  Thankfully, my husband owns a bagillion Cavs Tshirts (weirdly, almost all of them from when the Cavs acquired Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson), so after I dirtied up my own two Tshirts, I had access to his collection.  But wearing a Tshirt and jeans gets old, and that's where personal style and some creativity comes in.  Added challenge: dressing for work using a Tshirt and whatever tools you have in your arsenal.  My work is pretty casual, so if your job doesn't allow Tshirts on weekdays, wearing your teams' colors is an easy way to show your support.  Add a button or team jewelry, and you are all set!

How do you style your outfits to show support for your team?

No comments:

Post a Comment