Thursday, June 25, 2015

One Year Anniversary

Last Sunday (and Monday), Adam and I celebrated our one year anniversary.  In honor of the occasion, we had brunch on the Nautica Queen (by coincidence) with a couple that was celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary (#relationshipgoals).  

After our brunch cruise, we met my parents (who will be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary in September) at a Rubberducks game for a Father's Day celebration.  And after the baseball game, everyone came to our house to eat year-old wedding cake.  Amazingly, our cake still tasted good after a year in our freezer!  When we were done eating year-old cake, we all looked through the wedding photo book my Aunt Laura made for us (feel free to view it here) and reminisced about the day.





Since I haven't shown many photos from our wedding celebrations, I thought our first year anniversary of marriage (not to mention the huge victory for marriage equality today) would be a great excuse to share some memories with you all (I can't wait to see all of the beautiful photos from same-sex unions across America, because everyone should have the right to marry the person they love, and now does!)

Enjoy!

Bridal Shower Day:





We had a potting station so everyone could take home fresh herbs.


Mother and Mother-In-Law



Adam crashed the party.

Wedding Day:

















When we got married, our officiant asked us to ask our parents what makes for a successful marriage.  A lot of the advice seemed like common sense, but sometimes when you are living day-to-day, you forget about the common sense part.  Adam and I are so lucky that we found each other, and that we have so much in common.  We're still learning this marriage thing, but I am so glad to have him to learn with.

#lovewins

Photos c/o my mom and Aunt Jan (more photos by my Aunt Laura can be viewed here)

No comments:

Post a Comment