Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Black Magic

IDK why, but I've been wearing a lot of black lately, which doesn't bode well for extra sunny days. 








Vest: Thrifted - Value World, Dress: Thrifted Goodwill Cleveland and East Central Ohio,
Shoes: Gabriel Brothers, Sunglasses: Shop Jeen, Necklace: Hand me down


Remember the other day when I said I like to challenge myself to wear all-thrifted outfits?  Well, this one gets pretty close.  Thrifted Dress and vest, with shoes from Gabriel Brothers.  Not too shabby.  I can almost count items from Gabriel Brothers as thrifted since they are the leftovers that no one wanted.  Sunglasses from an online shop?  Definitely count as new.

Anyway, why I've been living in black clothes for the past week or so?  Beats me.  I bought this dress during our second #epicthrifttrip and haven't worn it yet.  It has an amazing cut-out detail with beads.  However, I covered that up for work since the sleeves are a little narrow (I think).  It might seem a bit counter-intuitive to wear a sweater vest in the summer, but it definitely helps in an air conditioned office.  Walking to the bus is another story.  

What are some of your go-to layering tricks when it's hot outside, but cold inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment