Friday, November 4, 2016

I Kinda Misunderstood the Assignment

Happy belated Halloween, Friends! How about a Halloween-themed "Fri-DIY"? Check out my costume from this year.



Dress: Thrifted, Shoes: Some Parisian Show Shop, Hat: DIY



Do you get it? 

If not, I insist you take a quick break and go watch "Drop, Dead Gorgeous". 

"My Uncle Phil's World's Largest Ball of Twine in Bundy, MN .... it makes me proud that I'm an American. I kinda misunderstood the assignment."

I used to be so jazzed on Halloween. My creative and competitive spirits would combine and I would come up with some pretty amazing costumes (it's really all about the process - past costumes here, here, here and here). This year, I didn't know what I wanted to dress up as until Tuesday of last week, and even then I went back and forth on if I'd actually go through with it. I'm glad I did, because I've completed a life-long dream of dressing up as a character from "Drop, Dead Gorgeous" (next up: Amber Atkins in her tap costume!). Plus, I got to share this amazing movie with so many people who'd never heard of it!

The reason I decided on Tess, though, is I feel like I say this a lot: "I kinda misunderstood the assignment." Like many millennials everyone, I suffer from Imposter Syndrome (Not sure what it is? Google it - there are tons of articles about IS). My IS has faded a bit recently, but every now and then it rears its ugly head. Thankfully, I'm pretty confident in my abilities, so as long as I let confidence win over IS, I'm good. 

If only Tess had been a little more confident with her reason for why she was "Proud to be an American", but then we wouldn't have the hilarious scene of her ball of twine falling off her hat and rolling down the stage (#spoileralert).

No comments:

Post a Comment