Thursday, November 10, 2016

Shine On

Sometimes you gotta put on your shiniest shirt and a smile.















Top: Swapped, Jeans: Levi's, Low Tops: Converse, Sunglasses: Noto,
Rings: Aldo Accessories and H&M

I won't lie. I spent most of yesterday in a weird, sad fog. I kept trying to pep talk myself out of it, but eventually, I realized that I was allowed to be sad. I was allowed to mourn the future I thought we would all wake up to yesterday morning. I read a lot of inspiring articles and quotes from a lot of inspiring women, I did the work I needed to, I watched "Longmire" with Adam, and I went to bed. 

This morning, I woke up to a beautiful Ohio Fall day, and somehow, I felt better about it all. I am resolved to do all that I can to make life better for everyone around me. 

For those of you still working through your feelings on the results of the election, this article and this article were very helpful to me. Sorry for all of the Man Repeller, but this article is also a great resource if you are looking to get (or stay) involved. And for those of you that need someone to talk to, I'm here. We are stronger together.

No comments:

Post a Comment