Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hot Pink

A few weekends ago, Adam and I ventured out to the September Cleveland Flea with Harvey. It was one of those perfect fall days: a little chilly, but with warmth from the sun. I thought about wearing my recently collaged high-tops (shared here), but didn't know if it'd be too warm (I was right to go with sandals; I had to take my sweater off near the end of our flea trip), plus I thought it might be too much pink (if there were ever such a thing). 

Disclaimer: Things got a little silly with these photos. 















Sweater: Zara, Button-Down, scarf: Hand-me-down, Jeans: Swapped,
Sunglasses: ReDress, Sandals: Lust for Life

Adam always takes a "test shot", so I leaned into this one.

I think I realized the root(s) of my style crisis: equal parts dressing a "new" body and not having the right clothes out and easily available. As I mentioned in my last post, I recently switched over my wardrobe to be able to wear the clothes I couldn't wear when I was pregnant, plus are breastfeeding-friendly. It's a lot of button-downs and tshirts, but not very sartorially exciting. This #ootd was the first in a while that was a bit more exciting (it's probably the amazing sunglasses I picked up from ReDress at the Flea).

The other thing I've noticed is that Harvey and I hang out at home most days, or go and visit at my mom's, so there isn't a real excuse to get dressed (not to mention I only have a few minutes before Harvey gets fussy and needs attention), so I go with what's easy or out - i.e. why I've only worn these white sandals for the past 6 months. 

Seems like I need to start making more of an effort with my outfits. Maybe it's a chicken/egg situation: if I get "dressed", Harvey and I will do more exciting things during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment