Thursday, October 26, 2017

First Day Back

Yesterday was my first day back at work from maternity leave, and I have to say, it wasn't bad (the whole experience of returning to work: separation from the baby, spending 8 hours in the office, etc). We started Harvey in school at the beginning of the week, so I had two days of practice with dropping him off (and two days of minor tears). 

Going back to work gave me an opportunity to "dress up" again, which is nice, considering I've spent the past three-ish months in tshirts and shorts, jeans or leggings (hence the lack of posts here). And since I'm out of practice with styling proper outfits, and I knew going back to work and dropping a baby off at school would make for hectic mornings, a few weeks back, I started a note on my phone of possible work #ootds. And I actually referenced it!










Coat: JCrew Factory, Blazer, Trousers: Hand-Me-Down, TShirt: Shout-Out-Louds Concert Tee,
Boots: Zara, Bandana: Borrowed from Adam


As I predicted, it went from summer to winter overnight (well almost winter). Luckily, JCrew Factory was running a super sale on their City Coat, so I bit the bullet and bought one. I fully planned on returning it, but it's just such a pretty color and so chic, that I decided to keep it. Plus, it got cold, so I was glad to have it out and ready to wear.

I've decided that every outfit is better with a lavender coat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment