Tuesday, August 14, 2018

More Ruffles

I'm not even sure what inspired me to buy this shirt. I saw it online when I was searching for this skirt, and I liked it, so I bought it. So actually, I guess that answers that question. 

The annoying thing is, I can't really layer anything over it, so it's really only appropriate for weekends, which is fine, but drastically increases the CPW (you all remember Cost Per Wear? Check out various posts where I've discussed it here). 

In any case, when styling this top, it is important to keep the rest of the outfit simple, so as to showcase the amazing ruffle detail, which I've done here (keep things simple). 











Top: JCrew Factory, Jeans: Zara, Sunglasses: H&M, Necklace: Land of Plenty + DIY,
Sandals: Akira Chicago

And now for some "behind the scenes" magic - I've had these sandals for a long time, probably about 6 years. And a few years ago, when the strap started to rip, I decided to staple them back together. It's hard to see in the below photo, but the staples are colored blue, because I colored on some staples with a permanent marker, and then used those staples to staple my shoe back together at work. 


And here I am showcasing the holes in my back pockets of these Zara jeans. No, I didn't get these jeans for a discount because they are already distressed, and no, I actually didn't realize how bad the holes were in the pockets of these jeans, until I tried to style them for casual Friday and discovered these holes. Such is life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment