Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Rosie the Riveter



The girls at Man Repeller would be proud of that FUPA.




Jumpsuit: Bought in Angers, Plaid Button-Down: Hand-Me-Down, Boots: Swapped,
Bandana: Borrowed from Adam.

Oh Halloween!  We used to be such great friends.  I don't know if it was the realization that no costume will ever top my Beetlejuice costume from last year, or the fact that I feel so poor, but this year, I just wasn't into Halloween (I'm still not, to be honest).  I bought pumpkins to carve, but the squirrels got to one of them first.  So yeah.  Not this year.  It also doesn't help that Adam is the biggest Halloween scrooge (sorry, dear).

In any event, Dina challenged her readers to thrift a Halloween costume, and because I've been "pinching pennies" lately, I thought I'd re-create the super trendy and cliché Rosie the Riveter with pieces I already owned.  Weirdly enough, almost this whole outfit was hanging out on Esther (my mannequin) from last year's Halloween, when I dressed her up as a hunter to hang out in our Little Red Riding Hood display at work.  That makes three years I've used this jumpsuit for a Halloween costume.  Not bad for 5 Euros.

Anyway, be sure to check out what Dina and some of her other readers thrifted and DIYed on her blog here!

Hopefully, an FSU win tomorrow night will jolt me into the Halloween spirit - I've got a few additional costumes and shenanigans planned for this weekend!

What are you all going as for Halloween?  Any fun plans?  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment