Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pretty Princess

Note:  I wrote this post a few weeks ago and never published it (I've been busy, sue me). Honestly, the only thing that has changed, is that it has actually been quite cool the past few days.  Carry on.







Top: Akira Chicago, Dress: Kirra (c/o PacSun), Sandals: Charlotte Russe, Blazer and Sunglasses: H&M, Jewelry: Assorted

Another day, another top from our shopping party at Akira in Chicago.  I love this top: draped, open back, lace cut-outs, blush color, hi-lo hem.  But I've been having difficulty trying to figure out an appropriate way to wear this to work.  The open back posed the biggest challenge.  Not to mention it's been about a million degrees the past few days.  I settled on wearing it over a dress with a blazer.  Seems like an obvious choice, but after reading copious amounts of Man Repeller archives, I picked up this tip on layering a top over a dress and belting it (face palm), and not to mention a bit of a girl crush.  What are some of your layering tips for summer?  

No comments:

Post a Comment