Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Red Dress Fashion Show 2013









I don't usually talk about my work on my blog, but recently work and pleasure collided.  I work in advertising. When I transitioned on to my current account, we were in the middle of getting approvals to use the Red Dress logo in some creative to encourage the shoppers at my retailer to get out and get active.  In working with the Heart Truth, we were offered a spot at their fashion show in NYC during Fashion Week.  Somehow, I ended up being the one from our team that was able to go.  It was awesome.  There's always so much energy at fashion shows, and this show was especially inspiring.  The "Follow the Fifty" women sat in the section next to me.  I have been wanting to get healthier, and this show pushed me to it (or at least I hope so).  With so many women dying from heart disease, it really is important to eat better and be active.  I don't smoke, so that's an easy one to keep up.  I figure I'll start small - taking my dog for a walk every day, and work my way up to running (plus then it'll be nice out).  We'll see.  Either way.  It's important.

Below is what I wore (it was SO cold!): 



Blazer:  Vintage, Trousers:  White House Black Market, Jeffrey Campbell Nightwares c/o Solestruck, Jewelry:  assorted

No comments:

Post a Comment