Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sonny Crockett Called

Last Wednesday, in (accidental) honor of Van's 50th birthday, I wore my Vans slip-ons.










Vest: Thrifted (Goodwill Akron), Top, Vans Slip-Ons: PacSun, Pants: Hand-Me-Down,
Belt: Vintage (Hand-Me-Down)

It was also the perfect occasion to wear this amazing suit that my Aunt gifted me last fall.  Well, half of a suit:  As I was getting ready, I had to swap out the jacket for this fuzzy vest because I was getting some major Sonny Crokett vibes.  

Let me back up a bit: ever since I visited Miami last May for a work trip, I've been obsessed.  It's a v. strange obsession since I lived in South Florida for a minute, and I've been to Miami before, but for some reason, this time was different.  Maybe it's the fact that Miami will most likely be underwater in the near (ish) future, or maybe it's because everyone/everything there is so full of life.  The beach and water and everything is also beautiful (and I had a pretty sweet room and view).  It could also be all of the "Burn Notice" and Carl Hiaasen novels I had been watching/reading (respectively).  

But whatever the case, after my trip, I knew that I had to check out the original (in my opinion) Miami love letter, "Miami Vice".  I finally remembered to put the first season on hold at the library, and we've been watching it pretty regularly (I will definitely have to break down and buy the DVDs from BuyBacks).  The acting is pretty terrible, but the fashion doesn't disappoint.  It's true what they say: Crockett and Tubbs sure got style.

No comments:

Post a Comment