Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wear Red.




Beanie:  Adam's, Tshirt:  Wal-mart, Button-down:  Vintage Shop in Angers, Blazer:  Mossimo (c/o Marc's), Grey Jacket:  Goodwill, Jeans:  Forever 21, Lace-up Booties:  Charlotte Russe, Jewelry:  Assorted

Yesterday was National Wear Red Day: you know to raise awareness for heart disease in women?  And the best I could come up with was my AMERICA TShirt I got from Wally World last summer.  I started altering it (i.e. removing the sleeves), but have yet to finish it.  Luckily, I tripped and fell on my way back to the office from getting my takeout, so my busted open knee added a little more red to my outfit, in the form of blood.  Ew gross. TMI.  Sorry, I'm not sorry.  It happens.  Especially when you are as clumsy as I am and are convinced you know how to wear heels.  Full disclosure:  these booties are being donated.  This was their one chance to prove they deserve to stay in my wardrobe, and they failed.  Sorry shoes.  You are out.

A funny thing happened when I went to take these blog photos yesterday.  I was setting up my tripod in our driveway (did I mention yet how I finally got it to hold my camera straight? Revelation!), and this chick just pulls into our driveway like she owns the joint.  So thinking it was one of our rommate's friends (even though he wasn't home at the time), I jumped out of the way to let her down the driveway.  Turns out, she was just using our driveway as a turning around spot.  Really?  I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does.  Has anyone never learned the art of a 3-point turn?  It's not hard.  Pick a spot, turn your car, back up a little, and you're off!  See? Easy as pie.  It seems like a lot of times too, I'm either sitting on my porch or working in the driveway when people deem my driveway suitable for their turning around means.  Personally, I think it'd be easiest to pick a driveway where NO ONE is doing anything around it, but then again, what kind of bozo is setting up a tripod to photograph herself in the dead of winter?  Maybe I'm the dumb one in this scenario.  

Today we went to visit the Transformer Station in Ohio City, but I have an entirely different post on that coming up.  Spoiler Alert:  It turned out to be a really awesome space, but what can you expect with my Aunt Laura and Uncle Fred in charge?  Nothing less than amazing-ness.  

Hope you all are having a fantabulous weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment