Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Valentine's Day

It feels like we took these photos a lifetime ago, but really, it was only a few weeks. Adam and I took Valentine's Day off from work. I can't remember why now; probably because the boys's school was closed the following Monday, and maybe we thought we would get away for a longer weekend as a family. Spoiler alert: we didn't get away. We stayed home and cleaned. Must have been a foreshadow to how we have and are going to continue to spend the next few weeks. The current situation/climate only seems the tiniest bit dire, but that's probably because we recently watched "Resident Evil" (terrible idea).

Quality family time: not cancelled. Creating Content: not cancelled. We're all in this together. 















Jacket: Thrifted, Top: Northside Cellar, Jeans: Zara,
Boots: DR Marten 1460 Stud, Sunglasses: H&M


Notes on this outfit: not a ton, actually. I had a whole pink and red scheme #ootd planned for the day, but got a late start getting ready so ended up with this. I am in love with this top, but it's not exactly the most practical item of clothing I own. So I paired it with some jeans I got recently from Zara, and some new Docs to "normalize" it. Re: buying too many Docs, yes, that's me. Once I settled on the first pair (my vegan Jadon IIs), it was easy to get another pair. I was browsing the SALE page, and found the 1460 STUD. They are a classic Doc, but with a twist. And since they were on sale, it was easier for me to justify the purchase. Weirdly, I'm still the most in love with my Jadons, but these are pretty sweet, too. Did it only take me two pairs of Docs to hit the point of diminishing return (of joy)? Maybe. 

Overall, I'm obsessed with the juxtaposition of tough, girly and casual with this outfit. 

What are some ways you are taking advantage of the extra time at home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment