Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Tough Suit

I think I've said this before, but it turns out, taking blog photos is NOT like riding a bike. Add a VERY windy day, and it's amazing we captured ANY usable photos. 

Be sure to scroll down for some of the best of the worst! 









Blazer: Wildfang, Button-Down: Secondhand (Conneaut Garage Sale), Trousers: H&M,
Boots: Dr. Marten's Jadon


There were two things I wanted to share about this lewk, and here they are:

1. I was planning content for Eleanor's Boots 2020 the other night and came across a prompt I had saved from the Coveteur - "What to wear when you are running late". While I don't think I agree with any of the tips, I did start thinking about what my response to this prompt would be. Well, fast forward to the day I wore this outfit to work, but hadn't planned an outfit ahead of time, and this is what I landed on. But the bigger/more difficult question, is how would I describe this lewk to someone if they asked what my "Go-To" lewk is, and here is how: Before I started there, the company I work at used to have "Suit Mondays" where everyone had to wear a suit (pretty self-explanatory). Our dress code has since relaxed, but some times, when I'm in a pinch, I like to channel this old rule. Of course, this version of a suit: separates, (untucked) chambray and Dr. Marten's would DEFINITELY not have passed back in the day, but technically, it's still a suit, and it makes me feel a bit more put together, when I didn't plan anything in advance.

2. I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Dr. Marten's. Of course, none of you know what I'm talking about, but I spent the better part of (at least) the past two years deciding which Dr. Marten's to invest in, and the Vegan Jadon II were the winners. To say I'm obsessed would be an understatement. I'd like to say the garnet color wasn't the deciding factor (Once a 'nole, always a 'nole), but I'd be lying.

Well, that was all - just wanted to share those two things.  

Now, as promised, here are some out-takes - happy new year!









PS Postpartum acne is still a b*tch - do any of you have any tips on how to get rid of it (besides time and this stuff, since I can't find it anywhere)? 

No comments:

Post a Comment