Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Put a Bow on It

Not sure if you've been paying attention, but Urban Outfitters has been having a 50% off sale sale about every other week now. I used to only take advantage of these sales on Memorial Day weekend or Labor Day weekend, before online shopping was a big thing, and a trip to the Crocker Park UO was a reward. NOW it seems like they are always running one of these sales, so I guess it's not as special. 

In any case, during a more recent sale, I picked out this jumpsuit (#notsponsored). I didn't have super high hopes for it 1) because I'm pregnant and 2) I'm never really sure sizing (ESPECIALLY with jumpsuits). But, dang, did this jumpsuit deliver. It's super comfortable (even pregnant), and the stripes are a subtle chambray.

I layered it over a chambray button-down and under a vintage jacket for a recent workshop with Goodwill Akron, and I was as comfortable as two comfortable things in a comfortable place. The only downfall was wearing white to a teacup garden workshop, as well as a rainy day egg hunt beforehand. Oh well.  












Denim Button-Down, Jacket: Thrifted, Jumpsuit: Urban Outfitters, Flats: A New Day

But back to the UO sale: as I was trying on all of my purchases as they were delivered, I challenged myself to think of multiple ways to style the pieces I wanted to keep (I actually started this exercise before my pieces arrived and was a little disappointed when I had to return about half of what I picked out for various reasons because I'd already come up with a bunch of fun ways to style them). 

For this jumpsuit, I'm excited to style it in the following ways:
• With a Blazer and high tops 
• Layered over a T-shirt with flats/high tops
• By itself
• Winterized: similar to the above, or with ankle boots, a turtleneck and a wool blazer

How do you decide if something is worth it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment