Friday, December 14, 2012

Business As (un)Usual



Brocade/Fur Jacket:  Hand-me-down, White Button-down:  From my brother's closet, skinny jeans:  Forever 21, Brown Booties:  Sam Edelman (c/o Solestruck), Jewelry:  Assorted, Sunglasses:  Shop Jeen


*So this morning, I woke up, got dressed, FINALLY unpacked my new sunglasses from SHOP JEEN, put on my Zoe boots by Sam Edelman that I bought during Solestruck's 30/40/50 sale, went to the Doctor's, realized I haven't told my cousin's boyfriend how proud I am of him going back to school (yes, you Tommy!), had breakfast with my mom and the new pup, didn't hug my brother (like I should EVERY day - both of them actually), met the world's most wonderful, handsome boyfriend for lunch, read that there was a shooting at a school in Connecticut, went Christmas shopping, opened a savings account, and listened on the radio to the absolutely, horrifying (some of them) details about that same school shooting in Connecticut.  

Three things immediately come to my mind:
1.  How nonchalantly Adam and I discussed a supposed school shooting in America (has it really come to this: school shootings are as common as bank robberies?).
2.  How very rarely I tell the people in my life how much they mean to mean and how much I care about them.
3.  How completely sillily happy I was about my new shoes and sunglasses today and how completely ridiculous it is that they made me so happy.

Today was one of the very rare days (there should be more of them) where I realized how truly wonderful my life is, and how grateful I am to be living it, and then the news happened.  It was one of those days, where one absolutely fantastic thing kept happening after the other (the Dr's appointment wasn't the best thing in the world, but it's now crossed off the list), and it should have stopped at that.      

I don't really know what the point of any of that ramblingness was, except this:  I want everyone to know how much I truly care about them.  Each and every one of the people in my life every day, each of my readers, every person I've met along the way who has made me the person I am today.  Thank you for being in my life, for however brief that amount of time was, or however long.  The worst part about all of this?  I should be saying these kinds of things daily (the "thank you for being you"-type things), and I should be saying them in person, not online, in probably one of the most impersonal mediums ever, even though I hope from my blog everyone has gotten to know me a little better).  

So go home (or wherever you go), hug every person you love, and spread the word of just how much they mean to you.  Every day.  Not just the days where something bad happens somewhere else in the world.  Not just the days when someone does something nice for you.  Every day.  No exceptions.  Even if it seems silly, you'll get used to it.

Love, me

*Disclaimer:  I try not to ever spout any sort of political, philosophical, whatever jargon here.  Literally, this is a place for fashion, and fashion-related stuffs.  But today, is different.

2 comments:

  1. I love your ring!(:



    P.S My give away closes on the 22nd be sure to enter!
    http://paigeypumpkin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/giveaway-2.html

    ReplyDelete