Thursday, April 25, 2019

Short Pants and a LONG Vest

This might sound like a weird styling tip, but have you ever decided on a piece of outerwear because of the armpits? No. Just me? Cool. However, that is how I landed on this vest instead of the other, beautiful white vest I scored at the Maplewood Boutique Fashion Show recently. 

Here's the story: I'm pretty sure I got this shirt dress from UO a size or two too big. I did it on purpose so I could wear this shirt through the remainder of my pregnancy and after the baby comes, however, the armpits on this shirt are very loose. Which makes layering something over this shirt almost impossible. Lucky for me, this black vest doesn't really have armpits. The front and back are only connected by a belt that links from side to side (I asked Adam to photograph this feature, and the only photo he took, my eyes were closed). Lack of armpits means layer away over over-sized shirts! To be fair, I liked the black with the black trousers best anyway, but the armpit thing really was the deciding factor.










Shirt Dress: Urban Outfitters, Vest: Maplewood Boutique, Trousers: Old Navy,
Flats: Yellow Cake, Necklace: Vintage

It's a good thing the armpit scenario helped me pick out a vest for this #ootd because Adam was no help. He told me my outfit was "too avant garde" for him. Usually he's able to help me in a styling conundrum, but not this time. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment