Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Against A Wall





Overcoat: Mossimo (c/o Aud's mom), sweater: Tommy Hilfiger (c/o Goodwill), Button-Down: Shaun White for Target, Boots: Mossimo (c/o Mossimo), Sunglasses: Salvation Army, Jewelry: Assorted
I'm still alive (right, that was your first thought?).  After visiting New York City, going to the Red Dress Fashion show, and thinking (a lot), I needed a slight break from this blog.  I also am an awful human being and didn't take any photos of my great outfits over the past 2 weeks (WHAT is wrong with me?).  I guess I've always been torn with the idea of a daily fashion diary/blog.  Trust me, I LOVE dedicating my time to fashion and clothes and styling and all of that great stuff, but a part of me has always felt bad about the amount of time I spend looking at other fashion blogs, on instagram, on facebook, online looking at clothes I won't even buy.  I feel like there are so many other great things going on in our world that deserve my time more than something as shallow and inconsequential as fashion.  I mean at the end of the day, does it REALLY matter what I wore to our working sessions in Chicago or does it matter more that we made it back safely from a 6-hour drive?  Does it REALLY matter how many awesome clothes I found at the UO Surplus store (these pants included), or that there are people starving all over the world (extreme example, I know).  I guess part of me can totally justify spending time shopping and thinking about fashion because it makes me feel good, but then it makes me feel awful when I am discussing different retail shoppers with my supervisors and realize that she (the shopper, not my supervisor) has to decide between spending money on utilities or buying groceries for her family.  I just need to find the balance between philanthropy and fashion.  Unfortunately, I feel like I'm constantly re-prioritizing my time, but when it's so valuable and short, I guess that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment