Monday, September 9, 2013

Sharing is Caring

Yesterday, I attended a Blogger and Friend's Clothes Swap.  I'd never been to one before, but let's just say this:  I'm hooked! What a great way to meet new people and learn more about everyone than by trading clothes!  

The basic idea:  Bring some clothes you would lend a friend, but that you aren't as in love with anymore.  Everyone lays out/hangs up/folds these clothes, and then everyone takes turns picking something they like (that's not theirs).  I walked away with a "new to me" pair of oxblood Doc Martens (showcased below - I couldn't wait to put them on!), an American Flag windbreaker, a pencil skirt, and some sweaters - ALL of which I can't wait to style and show you all on this blog! 

Check out some photos from the event below! 

Harvey, Rachel's adorable Dachshund, guarding some pants I think he secretly wanted.    

Scoping out the clothes (and photo opps)

Rachel's house had the most amazing natural light.

Megan got some great shots.  Check out her photos and her recap on her blog!

SNACKS!

FREE FOR ALL!

A clothes swap posed a challenge to me outfit-wise.  I wanted to be comfortable, and be able to try on stuff over what I was wearing, but also be fashion-forward enough to impress the new ladies I met.  I'm not sure I succeeded with the latter, but I quite liked my outfit, plus Megan was able to snap these GREAT photos!

I had the WEIRDEST dream the night before the swap about living in France again.


Flannel: Thrifted, TShirt: Urban Outfitters (c/o JER-ELLE), Bike Shorts: Gabe's, Boots: SWAPPED, Jewelry: Assorted



IN LOVE WITH THESE BOOTS - FASHION FATE.

I'd like to send a huge "thank you" shout out to Jessica for inviting me, Rachel for her hospitality and Megan for taking photos.  It really was a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment