Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Power of Clothes






Sunglasses:  Akira, Hand Chain:  TopMan, Bracelets:  Tiffany & Co and Rue21, Black Ring:  Charlotte Russe, TShirt: Hawthorne Heights
Concert, Blazer: Little Boys Dept at Gabriel Bros, Jeans: Shop in Angers, Heels:  Bata (Angers)
When I was getting ready Thursday morning, I had something a little different in mind.  I knew I wanted to wear these fantastic wide-leg trousers that I almost didn't buy (they aren't high-waisted - psshh), but beyond that I wanted to wear a loose T and a loose sweater.  Half-way through getting dressed, I realized I had to gallery sit after work, so I wanted to go with something a little more professional.  A blazer!  From sloppy to professional in one fell swoop.  My plan worked!  A woman at work (not noticing my Hawthorne Heights shirt) told me I looked professional - the MAIN difference between working in a creative environment and an ACTUAL professional environment.  And then a few hours later, another co-worker told me I looked like I'd lost weight (how sweet!).  The illusion these wide-leg trousers and tailored blazer create on a body that isn't in the best of shape, is fantastic!  So next time you want to throw on those trusted and true skinny jeans, opt for a wide-leg pant and a slim heel and let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment