Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lady Power







Cap, Floral Dress, Combat Boots: Charlotte Russe, Vest: Value World, "Harness": Belts from Rue 21
I'm not sure how I just realized this (I think it's been a slow realization), but I wear a lot of clothes from Charlotte Russe.  It's probably because my friend, Audrianna, works there and buys me pressies all the time from there.  It could also be because a lot of their stuff is super affordable and fun.  It's definitely because there is one near where I live.  Also, they always have GREAT deals on shoes.  And don't even get me started on "Happy Hour" on Saturdays.  Pretty cool stuff, especially for someone shopping on a limited (i.e. ZERO) clothing budget - not that I need ANY more clothes.

Anyway, this outfit. I'm not sure how I came up with it.  I just knew I wanted to wear this floral dress with this floral cap.  They aren't even the same pattern of florals, but it was just something I had to do.  Add the vest and combat boots, and Mila J and I are ready to go kick some zombie butt (you know like in "Resident Evil" - the first one because none of the other ones count, though that 3D one was probably sweet, but just because it was in 3D).  But back to the patterns on patterns thing:  I don't know where it came from but lately (now that I have all of these crazy pants), I've been wanting to wear monochromatic patterns - I'm not sure how else to describe it.  Stripes on stripes, silver sequins on silver, you get the idea.  I just haven't worked up the guts to do so yet.  So stay tuned.  One of these days I will make this dream a reality.

Also, to continue the "Eleanor's Boots Summer Concert Series", last Friday, I convinced Adam and one of my co-workers that we should make a point to check out Thunderboxx at Lock 3 Live.  Lock 3 Live is a free concert series that Downtown Akron throws every summer.  It's something fun (and free) that the whole family can enjoy.  And Thunderboxx, an all lady metal group from NY, were very entertaining!  









Tomorrow is officially summer!  Does anyone out there have any exciting plans?  It feels like it's been summer for a while now, since we've been traveling so much.  I hope to stay up all night for the solstice and maybe camp in the backyard.  Does anyone else love the summer solstice as much as me?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment