Friday, June 14, 2013

Varsity Shadows







Ohio State Varsity Jacket: Value World, Stripped Shirt: Goodwill, Jeans: Old Navy, Wedge Sneakers: Charlotte Russe, Jewelry: Assorted

A few months back (actually it might have been last year - I forget now), my friend Mary and I went on an adventure to Value World.  If you've ever been, you know "adventure" is the BEST word to describe ANY trip there.  Value World is located in a strip mall with multiple other "value" retailers near Randall Park Mall, or what is left of Randall Park Mall.  Establishments like Value World are why, in high school, when my mom told me that we would look for my FIRST homecoming dress at the Goodwill, I cried.  They are literally the most depressing places in the world - ok maybe not the MOST depressing places, but you know what you I mean.  The combination of smells, people and circumstances that led one to be at one of those establishments are depressing.  However, in our new age of pinching pennies and recycling, they are now a place of hope.  The hope that you may find a diamond in the rough, like this Ohio State Varsity Jacket, is what keeps you powering forward through the racks on racks of abandoned .... things.  Needless to say, I now embrace secondhand shops like Value World, Goodwill and the Salvation Army.  Thanks Mom!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment