Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Always Wear Sunglasses







Blazer: Express (c/o Gabriel Brothers), TShirt: Urban Outfitters (c/o Jenelle), Shorts: Mossimo // Target (c/o Goodwill),
Slip-Ons: Vans (c/o Urban Outfitters), Sunglasses: H&M, Jewelry: Assorted

I learned a valuable lesson the other night at dinner: Always wear sunglasses.  Ok, so maybe don't wear sunglasses while you are actually eating (that could be construed as rude, or that you are incredibly hungover), but definitely throw those babies on as you are walking out the door.  Why, you may be asking?  Because.  That's why.  J/k But seriously, as you are walking out the door, you may be caught in an awkward door-holding situation, and if you are wearing sunglasses, no one will notice you aren't looking at them, or if you are, it won't make an awkward situation even more awkward.  That and you can totally pull off the "Oh I didn't see you there!" - reaction when you run into someone you may not know what to say to.

In other news, the other lesson I learned this week (from writing this post) is that it's really easy to get cool pieces from places they don't normally come from: i.e. this blazer (I've written about it before) - I got from Gabe's.  It's amazing.  These shorts: the Goodwill - brand new from Target.  You get the idea.

And the final lesson I've learned this week: wear what you want.  I'm not sure that nice shorts and Vans slip-ons are actually work-appropriate, but when paired with a blazer (not the sequin one, a black one), I think I can get away with it (at least that's what Who What Wear tells me).

In closing, here's a hilarious photo Adam took of me as we were taking these photos for the blog ("What lapel? This Lapel?" - So editorial).

Peace.

PS Happy Belated Bastille Day!


Photos by Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment