Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spring and Prom Fashion Show




Sweater: PacSun, Pink button-down: Rue 21, Jeans: Forever 21, Beanie:  Value World, Buckled Heels: Charlotte Russe, Accessories: Assorted

Last Saturday was the Spring/Prom Fashion Show at Summit Mall.  It couldn't have come at a better time.  One of my friend's from college is getting married next Saturday, and I have been having the MOST difficult time finding something to wear.  I figured a spring fashion show at the Mall would help.  I knew what I wanted: a dress, preferably floral, in spring colors.  Well apparently that is easier said than done.  A lot of the clothes were totally appropriate, but this wedding is taking place in a state park in Panama City Beach.  Not the most difficult wardrobe assignment, but a challenge.  I always wear heels to events, but I don't know how they will hold up in the grass.  Plus the wedding party is wearing flats.  I spent 2 hours wandering around the mall (not to mention an earlier shopping trip in the week that warranted ZERO prospects), until I remember that one of my best friends has the world's biggest closet (well maybe not the world's, but it is the size of a small bedroom).  This week, I went over and found something to borrow - obviously there will be photos after the wedding.  I'm still deciding on some of the details, but has this ever happened to anyone out there?  You know exactly what you want to buy/wear and can't find it ANYWHERE?  I think that is the origin of fashion designers, and I would have made something myself, but with this class I'm taking during the week, I hardly have time to blog (I know, excuses, excuses).

Anyway, above is what I wore to the show.  I obviously wanted to wear a dress or skirt, but settled on bright colors since it was cold.  Probably shouldn't have worn a neon beanie to a fashion show, but it was in the mall, and there were a million things going on.  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. I am in love with the overload of pink! So pretty, so perfectly styled.

    And you're from Akron! Me too! I think I've been here before, but can't remember...anyways, nice to find you.

    ReplyDelete