Monday, October 21, 2013

Interlude: Proud Sister





Sweater: Hand-me-down, Navy Sister Tshirt: c/o my brother, Scarf: Walmart, Jeans: Old Navy,
Booties: Target, Jewelry:  Assorted

A few weekends ago, on October 11th, my little brother (well, one of them) graduated from Navy Boot Camp.  And not that you can tell by my face in these photos, I'm INCREDIBLY proud.  

I am incredibly patriotic, I love being American, but I don't think I would ever be able to join any of the armed forces - unless it was a super secret spy thing like in the Spy High novels.  But Alex was able to enlist and ship off to Navy boot camp.  Him and I might not always agree with everything, but I am so happy that he's found something that he enjoys doing (besides pestering me and our littlest brother).  He will be a great addition to the Navy and will the best he can be (because everything is a competition).

My mom, dad, Alex's girlfriend and her mom got to go to the graduation on the 11th - I had planned to meet up with them in Chicago, but it was the same weekend as Highland Square Porch Rokr and our yard sale - priorities, people.  Either way, my mom took a million photos, and it was just like I was there.











Apparently, Alex was quite generous with his money.


Love this tourist in the background

More Tourists!








Sad I missed it, but glad they all had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment