Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Yard Sale: The Aftermath and East Meets West

As most of you know (from this post here), we had a yard sale this past weekend.  It was MADNESS!  Check it out!

Team Plaid!
Cheers!
So. Much. Stuff.




Our Little Helper

We did OK for ourselves, bringing in some cash for the day.  Probably not enough to make up for our time and efforts, but it was a fun day nonetheless.  Now if I can just get rid of all of the leftovers!

Besides getting rid of things, the four of us managed to trade some stuff too.  I wasn't really looking to take anything back in, but I did manage to score a few items, like a vintage reversible kimono (Mary, you shouldn't have!)  It's amazing how one person can pick out an item and not like it, but then someone else can see it and love it!  This piece is a catch.  It is the perfect length to line up with a dress, which I love, or be layered over a tshirt and cut-offs.  Plus, did I mention, IT'S REVERSIBLE!
  

  

  
Kimono: Vintage (c/o Mary), Black Dress, Fringe Boots: Charlotte Russe, Slip: Wal-mart, Jewelry: Assorted

I've had these fringe boots for about a year now and have NOT worn them (so unlike me).  To be honest, I wasn't really sure how to.  Yes, they are pretty basic (minus the fringe), but how best to highlight their uniqueness.  I love the idea of a black on black silhouette, but with different textures.  This Tshirt dress, sheer tights and suede boots accomplish just that.  If I get brave enough I'll wear them over jeans.  Now to find the right socks.

What is the item in your closet that you hype up so much to the point of not being able to wear it?

No comments:

Post a Comment