Sunday, January 12, 2014

71st Golden Globes

It's official, awards season is upon us.  I normally don't watch awards shows, but since I didn't really have anything else planned for this Sunday evening, AND it was showing locally on NBC, I figured, why not.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), we don't have cable, so I didn't get to catch all of the craziness that is an E! Broadcast, but I caught most of it (on Buzzfeed, where else?).  Plus, I also got to watch Carson Daly (awkwardly) interview celebrities (when did he become relevant again?  I was secretly hoping his nails were painted black like the old days - Spoiler alert, they weren't).  So for those of you that care, here's my round-up of the best dressed ladies and trends from the 71st Golden Globes (of course the men were all very handsome).  

Color-Block

Sandra Bullock - Prabal Gurung

Amy Adams - Valentino

(Not-so) Basic Black

Amy Poehler - Stella McCartney

Cate Blachett - Armani

Elisabeth Moss - J. Mendel

Florals

Kaley Cuoco - Rani Zakhem

Shimmer

Naomi Watts - Tom Ford

Robin Wright - Reem Acra

Margot Robbie - Gucci

Rashida Jones - Fausto Puglisi

The Unexpected

Emma Watson - Dior


Jewel Tones (Pregnancy)

Olivia Wilde - Gucci Premiere

Family

The Bacon Family

As much as I hate to say it, I was not a fan of J Lawr's Dior Dress, but there's always the next show.

No comments:

Post a Comment