Monday, March 3, 2014

86th Annual Academy Awards

Happy Oscar Night!  Sorry for the delay (I was updating Adam's and my wedding website - who am I?!?).  Anyway, as you've probably seen, some won, others didn't, Jared Leto looked beautiful.  What a night!  Ellen was awesome as a host, and how stoked was that pizza boy on bringing pizza to the Dolby Theater (side note: was he an actor, or some random pizza delivery boy - Breaking News: According to ABC 5 "On Your Side", he's a real pizza boy!)?

Anyway, below are my picks for Best Dressed (and best trends):

Sparkle:

Anne Hathaway in Gucci
Cate Blanchett in Armani
Pink
Kelly Osbourne in Badgley Mischka

Black:

Charlize Theron in Dior
Karen O in Camilla Staerk and Brandy St. John
Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Calvin Klein
Michael B Jordan
Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis

White(ish):

Jared Leto in Saint Laurent
Kate Hudson in Versace
Portia Di Rossi in Naeem Khan
Dax Sheppard (in Varvatos) and Kirsten Bell (in Cavalli)

Shades of....BLUE:
Seriously, is it just me, or was EVERYONE wearing blue tonight: Ellen, Liza Minelli, Kevin Spacey....you get the point.

Lupita Nyong'o in Prada
Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen

Honorable Mentions:

Emma Watson in Vera Wang
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior

I absolutely adore both these ladies, but for some reason, I was not lovin' their respective hairdos.  Emma's looked a bit sloppy and Jennifer's made her look way older.  But as I learned from Jimmy Kimmel's skit before the show, who am I to talk (currently wearing sweats with a sweater and button-down)?

Anyway, who made your best dressed lists, and what were your favorite highlights from the show?

Images Via EONLINE and Getty.

No comments:

Post a Comment