Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Closet Swap - Summertime!

Remember when my friend (and local blogger), Jessica, asked me to model in the Goodwill Good Style Fashion Show, and then took these great photos?  Well, ever since we shot blog photos together after the show, her and I have been scoping out spots to shoot blog photos again.  Last week we went to Front Street in Cuyahoga Falls.  Cuyahoga Falls is "neat".  Parts of it are super suburb-y and other parts are super sketchy.  Front Street is NO different.  The part where Jessica and I went was (and still is) COMPLETELY abandoned (save for a single Bingo Hall), which made for terrific spots for blog photos (the abandoned buildings, not the Bingo Hall).  Jessica scoped out this amazing garage door; I kept getting hung up on great brick and stone walls.







Shirt: Thrifted (by Jesse), Jumper: Thrifted (by Me), Booties: Deena & Ozzy (c/o Gabes),
Sunglasses: Rave, Bracelets: Thrifted (by Jessica)

 Now that it's summer, well almost summer (I know that summer doesn't officially start until June 21 - aka #adublovefest), I'm forced to figure out cool (literally) ways to dress that are still appropriate for work.  This top Jesse thrifted and jumper seem like the perfect pieces to take me through the summer - now to find more of them!

Seriously, though, this past weekend sure felt like a proper kick-off to summer (not to mention the past few weeks have been HOT!)!  When we were younger, Memorial Day always meant the school year was coming to a close, and summer fun was just around the corner.  Now that I'm older, I don't get a summer break (per se), but I love living the weekends like they are summer vacation.  With the summer heat comes summer clothes, and while I can't really swap out my knee-length skirts for shortalls, or my button-downs for crop tops at the office, I can do that at home.  Summertime is the one time I (sometimes) wish I could ditch my pseudo-corporate job for something more carefree and outdoorsy (if anyone knows what that means, let me know).

What else am I lusting after this summer:  the perfect kimono, a summer suit, slip dresses, matching 2 piece sets (preferably in a crazy pattern), and lots of floral print - high-waisted light weight trousers are never a bad idea either.  I know there is still a lot of stuff I bought last summer hanging out in my closet (i.e. our attic), so I'll probably end up swapping out my pants for skirts and dresses this year, but if I were to buy anything new, I'll be sure to check out Raise.com.  Raise.com is a new marketplace where you can buy discounted gift cards to your favorite brands, and sell your unused gift cards for cash.  Imagine buying discounted gift cards to all of your favorite shops: H&M, JCPenny, Bebe, Charlotte Russe, etc and then being able to go on a mini shopping spree (or I suppose you could give them as a gift to someone who deserves them)!  Sounds pretty sweet to me!

Also, be sure to check out Jessica's feature on Blogging!  Part One: The Camera!

Yay for Summer!

All Photos by Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment