Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Curious Case of the (P)Leather Jogging Trousers

Taking a break from #snowpocalypse2015 to reflect on a recent obsession: Pleather Jogging Trousers.


Jacket, Blazer, Striped Tee (Hand-me-down), Pleather Jogging Trousers: Six Crisp Days
(c/o Akira), Booties: Black Poppy (C/o PacSun), Jewelry: Assorted





Last spring, for some odd reason, I decided I wanted a pair of (p)leather jogging trousers.  And lucky for me, a few months after I decided I needed a pair, Akira had a SUPER Memorial Day sale, and I managed to snag these (p)leather jogging trousers for $10.  I normally hate online shopping, but I took a risk on these (and some other stuff).

You may be asking where my curious obsession with (p)leather jogging trousers came from?  At first, I wasn't exactly sure myself, but then I remembered this photo I saw of Kim and Kanye:

(click through for source)

It took me a minute to figure out what was wrong with the photo (#spoileralert: their bodies are swapped).  Kim looks pretty normal on Kayne's body (although, maybe a bit too casual for her glam self), but Kayne is a bit too short, especially in heels.  Either way, those leather jogging trousers are it!  I was hooked.  I loved they way they looked on him - obvious proof that my menswear inspired dressing is getting out of hand since I don't really care for Kanye.    

I'm still trying to figure out cool ways to wear mine; most of the time I chicken out wearing them.  I'll get over it one day.

But seriously, Kayne is so right...

(click through for source)


What's one piece of clothing you've found yourself weirdly obsessed with?

No comments:

Post a Comment