Sunday, July 19, 2015

Shades of Pink

A warm-weather take on my everyday uniform.





Blazer: H&M, Button-Down: Swapped, Shorts: Thrifted, Booties: Charlotte Russe, 
Jewelry: Assorted



This summer, I was on a mission for more "work appropriate" shorts - the jury is still out on whether I should even be wearing shorts to work (I also cuffed these for blog photos, so they are definitely shorter than I what I wore to work).  And since I hate wearing the same items over and over, I thought I should give these a break.  Luckily, on a recent mission to the Goodwill on Waterloo Road, I found these pink gems.  Let's get one thing straight: I am NOT a pink person, a girly girl if you will, but there is something about this bold color that just drew me in.  Then they fit magically, and of course I was sold.  

I think I might also becoming an "adult" because this outfit is so quintessentially "me", and these photos were so natural to take.  That, or I've finally got my dressing/photographing groove back.  But also, when you whittle down your wardrobe to (mostly) only pieces you truly love, that you know you are comfortable in, getting dressed is just that much easier. 

For instance, this pink blazer (omg, AM I pink person?!): I bought it at H&M when I lived in France, and pretty much wear it ALL the time.  It is my favorite blazer that I own.  Or this brown, floral button-down: you all know I swapped it, because I wear it ALL the time on this blog.  Putting together an outfit of all of your favorite things seems like a no brainer, but I used to think each favorite pieces should shine bright on its own.  Now that I'm older (and wiser), I know they can all shine brightly together.  Teamwork, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment