Thursday, November 19, 2015

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Almost)

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I guess we can all start thinking about Christmas (but I'd rather wait).  And for Christmas, I bet you all want a custom DIY ugly sweater.

I recently made an ugly holiday sweater for Goodwill Akron's blog (read about it here), but kept thinking of amazing ways to style it, so wanted to share more on my blog.  Read on for a casual version and a fancier version of how to style an ugly holiday sweater!

Casual Version: Plaid Flannel, embellished jeans and wedges (sub wedges for low top converse or ankle boots).








Sweater, Jeans: DIY/Thrifted, Button-Down: Macy's, Wedges: UO Surplus


Fancy Version: Bell Sleeve-Button-Down, Tulle Skirt, Sparkly Tights and heeled booties.






Sweater: DIY/Thrifted, Shirt/Skirt: Hand-Me-Down, Tights: Gabriel Brothers,
Booties: Solestruck


Funny Story:  we finally got busted by our neighbors for always taking photos outside.  I.e. I was walking to my car one morning the week after we took these, and our neighbor asked why my husband is always taking my photo in front of our house.  I always wonder what people think when they see us, but our neighbor was super interested about my fashion blog hobby.  I guess we aren't as crazy I think we are.

What are some projects you have planned for the holidays?  Is making an ugly holiday sweater on your list?  If so, feel free to stop by our Ugly Sweater DIY Workshop on Saturday, December 5th from 2-3P at the Goodwill on Waterloo road.  Register here

No comments:

Post a Comment