Monday, January 12, 2015

72nd Golden Globes - My Favorite Looks and Moments

I originally wasn't going to write a Golden Globes recap post since I wasn't exactly super inspired by any of the looks at last night's award show, but there were so many heartwarming acceptance speeches and moments that I figured I might as well!

Some of my favorite trends:

Shimmer:

Julianne Moore - Givenchy
Diane Kruger - Emilia Wickstead
Anna Faris (Reem Acra) and Chris Pratt
Jessica Chastain - Atelier Versace
Naomi Watts - Gucci and Bulgari

Pants/Not-So-Basic-Black:

Emma Stone - Lanvin
Lorde - Narciso Rodriguez
Robin Wright - Ralph Lauren
Allison Tolman - An Indian Designer who's name I couldn't understand in one of her interviews

Red:

Allison Williams - Armani PrivĂ©
Heidi Klum - Atelier Versace

Jewel Tones:

Julia Goldani Telles - Carmen Marc Valvo
Katie Holmes = Marchesa
Lupita Nyong'o - Giambattista Valli Haute Couture

And the other end of the spectrum, White/Pastels:

Emily Blunt - Michael Kors
Sienna Miller - Miu Miu
Chrissy Teigen - Zuhair Murad

The Guys:

Jared Leto - Lanvin

And his Man Braid:

C/o Man Repeller

Common - Prada

Some of my favorite acceptance speeches included (in no particular order):
Gina Rodriguez: "I can and I did".
Michael Keaton: Best Friend = His son
Maggie Gyllenhaal: Thanks to her husband, "who is a lover of complicated women, obviously."
Common/John Legend: "Selma has awakened my humanity, and I thank you, Ava."
George Clooney: "Amal, I couldn’t be more proud to be your husband."
TransParent: "And it’s dedicated to you, my transparent, my Moppa" (+ Jeffrey Tambor's speech)
Matt Bomer: To his husband and kids, "I love you putting up with me when I was 130 pounds and really grumpy when you ate pizza in front of me."
Joanne Froggatt: "I heard you."
Billy Bob Thornton: (Simply) "Thank You"
(That's basically all of them, isn't it?)

For videos and further commentary on the above acceptance speeches, check out this article on Entertainment Weekly's site. 

Tina and Amy were great at hosting (again).

Some disappointments: 
Kerri Washington's dress.
Tina Fey getting to wear all of the pretty dresses, not to mention that sequined tuxedo!
Overall un-inspiration on the red carpet.


See how this year's trends compared to my recap last year in this post!

All images via The Cut, except image of Jared Leto via DailyMail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment