Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Coming to You Live From My Front Porch. For Real (Almost).

*Note to Reader: All of these photos were taken at the same time every day this week and last. Think about it*

It feels like forever since I blogged last. That's probably because it HAS BEEN FOREVER. Between starting a new job, being sick, getting ready for this trip to Nawlins, I'm swamped. But have no fear! Once I get back next Tuesday, everything should be back to it's slow, lame self. Or at least that's the plan.




The weather here has been beyond confusing. One day it's snowing; the next it's like spring; the next it's freezing again. See below.




I'm trying very hard not to look like my limbs are going to fall off from extreme cold. But failing miserably, because obviously my hands are clenched against it (the cold, that is).














This week was much milder as you can see in the above and below photos. Monday, I went to Chapel Hill Mall for an impromptu shopping expedition. I was looking for Doc Martens, but apparently, that would require this particular mall to have any semblance of a "nice" store, which they don't. I had been in almost EVERY store there (including Hot Topic), when thankfully, I stumbled upon some "Mister Jones'" at this random store that specializes in "street wear". (Mister Jones is what I am calling my "knock-offs", seen above.) I also was on a mission to find a new earring for my cartilage piercing, since all of the earrings I own aren't sensitive enough for it, and in the process, I stumbled upon some ear cuffs! I have been in search of ear cuffs for a while now. Apparently, they've been waiting for me ALL ALONG at Claire's and Icing by Claire's. I just had to let out my inner teenager to find them. I have to say, this trip to the mall was by far one of the MOST entertaining (and exhausting) ones I've had in a while. Either I haven't been to the mall in a LONG time, or life is just changing that rapidly, but EVERY person I encountered was about 15 and all thought they were WAAAAY cooler than me. It was hilarious. It reminded me of my students (Awwww) and made me feel about 800 years old. Thanks, kids of America.




The other major thing I found (major as in something I've been searching for for a while now, not expensive), were enough skinny belts to make me harnesses for a lifetime. American Eagle (and almost every other store at the mall, to be exact) was having an additional % off clearance sale, so obvi I stocked up. Boo yeah.

Fun fact: these pictures (much like most of the pics I've been taking as of late) were taken on my front porch. The lil something extra for this post was going to be that I was going to post from there as well, but then it got dark, and Eleanor got antsy, and I went to Roses (also in Chapel Hill). Then when I got home, I was going to finish the post, but realized half of the photos I had uploaded hadn't been finished editing, so I gave up and went to bed (what have I become?!?!).








And here we are today. Posting in my hand - knitted shorts (Thanks Andrea!) from my bed because I do not want to pack for some reason. Packing is by far one of my LEAST favorite things to do. I have no idea why, probably because I've done it too many times for someone my age, but at the end of the day, it's still a pain in the butt. I realized half way through the day that I probably could have worn my knit shorts to work, but I had already left the house in jean ones. Bummer. There's always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment