Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hibachi Hologram








Top: Akira Chicago, Jeans: H&M, Heels: Zara, Jewelry: Assorted

There are so many things I love about this outfit:  this top, the heels, the combo of silver and black jewelry.  I don't mean to toot my own horn, but this is probably one of my favorite outfits as of late.  Let's start with the top:  remember that trip we took to Chicago back in May?  No worries, we won that shopping party at Akira in Lincoln Park, and went to Chicago for a weekend.  We shopped till we dropped, danced like fools and ate delicious food.  Normal stuff.  Anyway, I bought this top.  I almost walked out without seeing it - not sure how that's possible, since we pretty much tried on everything in the store.  Flannel, plaid and slit up the back?  My kind of shirt.  Plus it's SO comfortable.  Add the hi-lo, frayed hem, and you got yourself a winner.  Unfortunately, it's been a million degrees, so I haven't had a chance to wear it, but we were going to hibachi for dinner, so I knew I could get away with it.  Let's move on to the shoes:  I have a confession to make.  I NEVER buy things online.  I don't trust the sizing, and I'd much rather try it on in person.  BUT when I realized Zara has an online shop AND was having a huge summer sale, I couldn't pass up these holographic heels.  I bought a holographic wallet at the UO Surplus store on the same trip as the plaid top and have been searching for holographic shoes for a while.  Deandri has this pair and this pair and TBA has this pair, but this style has been on my radar for a while, so I figured it was a slam dunk.  Well, until I break them in, they really aren't the most comfortable pair of shoes I own, but they are so pretty, how could I NOT wear them?  And then the jewelry combo:  everyday genius.  What are some of the favorite pieces in your closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment