Friday, November 7, 2014

Sneak Preview: My Festive "Sweater" DIY









I didn't know if I'd get a chance to make my own Festive piece at the workshop on Saturday (which you can still register for btw: http://bit.ly/sweaterevent), so I decided to make something to wear to the workshop!

I took an old chambray shirt I was about to donate to the Goodwill (sorry to anyone who may have wanted to pick this up), and a few of the supplies that I will have on hand on Saturday, and put together this chambray festive shirt!  Some leaves from fake flowers made for the "garland" on the back, plus an old necklace for "lights".  Then I cut out three different colored triangles, a star and a tree stump from scrap fabric to make my trees.  As Adam was photographing the finished product, he asked if it would be too much to add buttons as ornaments.  He's so smart.  I may still do that, but wanted to keep my shirt simple.

Join us on Saturday at the Goodwill on Waterloo Road to make your own!


No comments:

Post a Comment