Friday, September 14, 2012

Teal with Envy



Earrings - Rue 21, Charlotte Russe, Chambray Button-Down - American Eagle, Teal Sweater - Nollie/PacSun, Jeans - Old Navy, Belt - Thrifted, Teal Heels - Charlotte Russe, Rings - Assorted
I don't know what's been going on with me lately, but I've regressed to my 12 year-old fashion self.  Before earlier this year, I hadn't stepped into a PacSun since the 7th grade when I saved up all of my birthday monies to buy a silver, sparkle grommet belt (which I still have, and still fits).  That was my most-prized possession until I bought my first pair of Converse Chuck Taylor high tops in the 9th grade.  Lately, though, every time I step into PacSun, I find a million things I want (I don't buy any of them, but that's another story).  I was also mildly upset when I read that they are slated to go out of business by the end of the year (remember when they said that about American Apparel?).  This teal sweater (and black ankle booties - to come in another post) is one of my latest finds, and one of my most favorites.  

My hiatus from shopping at PacSun can also be related to Old Navy.  Recently, I was on Jean Quest 2012, and tried finding jeans everywhere and anywhere (Lies!  I only went to American Eagle and Old Navy because they were running "Back to School" Jean Specials).  I didn't have the highest hopes at Old Navy because I've NEVER been able to wear their jeans, but with their new "custom" sizes and styles, my adult figure was able to find multiple pairs of jeans and chinos that fit perfectly.

I guess fashion and retail trends are like taste buds, refreshed every 7 years!        

No comments:

Post a Comment