Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dress Shopping

Discussing the many alteration options available from David's Bridal.


Mom found one she "liked".

"It IS too much".
The best part about David's Bridal: you can try on whatever you want, even if you are little.


Plum.





Rash.


Sequins.

All Dresses from David's Bridal

It's finally happening.  September 21st, I will be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding.  My first ever time as a bridesmaid.  Last week, my cousin and all us bridesmaids went dress shopping.  You'll never know which dress Marina (the bride) chose (at least until I post about the actual wedding), but I chose the grey satin dress, but in the plum color that Marina chose.  Dress shopping was a lot of fun.  More fun that I had thought.  There's something about weddings and the mass-produced vibe they have now that gives me the heebie-jeebies - probably because every dress I tried on gave me a rash (kind of like Carrie when she's trying on wedding dresses in SATC, but not that bad).  It's just so weird walking into a place that has weddings down to a science - I'm surprised David's Bridal doesn't cater.  There were racks and racks of dresses, but we were able to find all of the ones Marina wanted to try on.  And she picked one!  Aunt Marge was able to come too, which was probably the best part.  Aunt Marge is Marina's grandma.  She is 91 years old, and the matriarch of our family.  She is probably the coolest lady alive.  She still gets dressed up and puts on her lipstick to visit with all of us, even if it's at her house.  She's my grandma's sister, and it makes me miss my grandparents when she is around, but I love her and love seeing her. I can't wait for Marina's wedding.  I'm really excited about being a bridesmaid and very honored that she picked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment