Friday, April 17, 2015

New Spring Uniform









Blazer: H&M, Dress: Swapped, Booties: Deena & Ozzy (C/o Gabriel Brothers),
Jewelry: Assorted, Belt: Charlotte Russe


There was a morning the week before last where I didn't feel like getting up on time, so I was running really late (wait, isn't that every morning?).  As I was making my coffee, I tried to think of what I wanted to wear that day.  I thought, what about a dress/blazer combo?  And guess what, it worked!  And it took about two seconds to get ready.  

To make my already lazy outfit lazier, I pinned back my hair so I wouldn't have to blow dry it, PLUS have some nice curl action later in the day.  I originally tested out this same 'do junior year of high school when we were waiting in line to tour the Vatican.  It had rained that morning, and I didn't have an umbrella, so my recently dried hair, was not so dry anymore and was frizzing up.  I didn't have a hair tie or bobby pins and needed to do something with my mop top.  I also had longer hair at the time, so I just twisted and pulled back sections (similar to a french braid), and tucked both full sections into each other (similar to a topsy tail).  Now that I have shorter hair, I only go about halfway back and secure each side with a bobby pin.  The day I wore this outfit, two people asked if I'd cut off all of my hair.  I had no idea what they were talking about until I reviewed these photos with Adam.  Sweet bowl cut/mullet, Abby. 

Moral of the story: if you are lazy like me, be sure to pair up all of your dresses with blazers and roll/pin back your hair so you have curls later in the day.

Also, for those of you that noticed, in some of the first photos, my DIY Silverware Wind Chime is visible!  I posted about how I made it over on the Goodwill Blog (here), but will also be leading a workshop tomorrow, Saturday 4/18 at the Medina Goodwill (350  Medina Road, Medina, OH 44256) at 2PM.  For those of you that can make it on such short notcie, feel free to register for the workshop via this link!  I've been traveling so much this month, that I totally forgot to post about the wind chime and the workshop.  Whoops!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment