Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Before the Squash Died

For those mornings when it's just a little cooler out so you can get away with wearing pants to work in the summer.










Button-Down: Thrifted, Tank Top: Anthropologie, Chinos: JCrew, Sandals: Gabriel Brothers,
Sunglasses: Noto, Necklaces: Assorted



I'm not sure how many of you reading out there go thrifting often, but if you do, you'll likely happen upon a lot of two-piece outfits.  And I don't mean the cute two-piece outfits that are all the rage now, but two-piece outfits from the 80's that are all about volume. This button-down came from one such two-piece outfit. 

I spotted the top on the racks because of the amazing buttons, and then noticed the skirt.  It's one of those shapeless elastic-waist numbers that can't be flattering on anyone.  Let alone worn with this crazy top.  I can't remember now, but I'm sure there were shoulder pads involved. Anyway, to make it all a bit more modern, I decided to split up the top and bottom and wear the top open for a warm, summer day.  

In other news, our squash and zucchini died, so I planted our radishes in the ground.  We'll see what happens.  We are just now getting ripe tomatoes.  But, oh man, are the jalapeƱos loving this heat.

What a summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment