Friday, October 28, 2016

I love GOLD

One of the (not so) best kept secrets in Fashion: When you see something, make something - or something like that. I shared previously that I was going to try to make replica gold boots in this post. I was a bit apprehensive about how easy it would be to spray paint a pair of old boots. Turns out, my worry was for naught.  















Jacket and Skirt: Thrifted, Sweater: Swapped, Socks: Gabriel Brothers, Boots: Target, DIY,
Sunglasses: ReDress




The finish you are looking for will determine the material of your boots. I wanted a "soft", metallic finish, so an old pair of faux suede boots was perfect. I taped off the hardware, stuffed the insides with newspaper, and spray painted away. Super simple. 

Next to experiment on the soles only.

No comments:

Post a Comment