Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Plaid Denim

Heyo! It's been a hot minute! Harvey and I were battling illness last week, and now I'm traveling for work - life doesn't slow down, and that's OK, but looks like I need to figure out a better solution for prioritizing blogging. We'll see how that goes.

I didn't realize I was squinting so bad when we took these photos. I wanted to show off my new glasses, but guess I should have stuck with sunglasses for these photos. Live and learn. 












Blazer: Hand-Me-Down (JCrew), Dress: JCrew Factory, Flats: Target, 

I want to love everything about this denim button-down dress: the loose fit, the sleeve-less-ness, the button-down-ness. But for whatever reason, I always really struggle with it. I think this outfit is a good representation of how I should wear it, so maybe it's just a matter of mixing it up with other similar pieces. We'll see. 

What's a piece of clothing you own that you think you should love, but are really just "meh" about?

In other news, here's an example of how I shouldn't wear this dress:










Turtleneck, Button-Down Dress: J Crew Factory, Tights: Target, Boots: Hand-Me-Down,
Sunglasses: ReDress

Turns out, pairing two tough items to style together (this dress and these boots) isn't the best strategy for getting dressed. For an example of how I styled these boots well, check out this outfit. What's important is that I've learned from my mistakes, and I will not wear this outfit again. 

Then again, looking at these photos, this outfit isn't so bad, and maybe I should go easier on myself. Just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment