Thursday, August 2, 2018

Gingham Ruffles

I have to say, there aren't many occasions where I see an item of clothing "in the wild" (i.e. out in public on someone), and I stop to ask said person about said item of clothing and then immediately go home and buy said item of clothing. But in the case of this gingham skirt, I did exactly that. 

At Lauren (Noto)'s most recent swap, a girl arrived wearing this skirt, and I immediately asked her about it. I had seen something similar on JCrew's insta-stories, and I snapped it (i.e. posted it to SnapChat #genZ), but this was a more approachable version of that snapped skirt. And to no one's surprise, this version was from JCrew Factory. 

Unfortunately, to my dismay, there are actually very few ways (I've found) to wear this skirt and still be work appropriate (the below outfit is not one of those ways, unless a blazer or cardigan is added, which I've done), so it is now my unofficial mission for the rest of the summer to style this skirt in as many ways as possible before it gets too cold and not appropriate to wear a picnic blanket-inspired skirt. 












Button-Down: Hand-Me-Down, Skirt: JCrew Factory, Necklace: Gifted, Sunglasses:
ReDress Cleveland, Sandals: Akira Chicago

How would you all style this skirt? 

No comments:

Post a Comment