Thursday, April 18, 2019

Maplewood Boutique Fashion Show 2019

This past weekend, a local mobile boutique, Maplewood Boutique, hosted a fashion show. Now that I have a child, I have to plan things years in advance, so the minute I found out about the show I grabbed a ticket. Fashion shows in Akron are pretty rare, although, this month, there are TWO (Noto will be hosting their's in a few weeks). In any event, the Maplewood Boutique Fashion Show was a great excuse to connect with friends and other local fashion lovers and do some shopping (not to mention, indulge in a virgin Bloody Mary). I haven't been able to shop their stuff since their Grand Opening event last year, when I scored the floral, yellow wrap dress you see so often in my Instagram stories, so I was able to grab some great new pieces that I likely would have missed out on because I struggle with getting out of the house on the weekends (sans child).

I brought my real camera to possibly take photos during the event, but chickened out, so here are some shots I snapped with my phone (because that's more socially acceptable :/) 


And in case you were wondering, here is what I wore!











Denim Jacket: Thrifted, Turtleneck: JCrew, Dress: Urban Outfitters, Bag/Boots: Zara

I went v. casual with this lewk, because A) the show was on a Sunday and B) it was an early afternoon/brunch fashion show, which just might be my new favorite type of fashion show, btw. Unfortunately, it was not warm enough to wear my yellow dress from MB, but I think it's OK. I never really know what the "rules" are for fashion show dressing, and tend to ignore them anyway, because....this is Akron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment