Thursday, March 2, 2017

Working for the Weekend

A few weekends ago, I had to work on the weekend (nbd). Going into the office on a Saturday is v.strange, but an excellent opportunity to bridge the divide between "Office Abby" and "Day-Off Abby". Not that I wouldn't wear this outfit on any other day at the office, but I have been trying to elevate my #ootds during the week. Maybe I should start bridging this divide more often on normal work days, because shouldn't we love the outfits we wear to a place we spend most of our waking hours?




Coat: Thrifted, Sweater: Vintage, Top: Swapped, Jeans: Levi's, Booties: Hand-Me-Down,
Necklaces: Assorted










When I say "bridge the divide" between work-wear and day-off wear, I mean things like:

1. Swap out traditional heels or flats with sneakers or funky boots.
2. Swap out a blazer for a fun cardigan, jean jacket or a cape.
3. Take a few extra minutes for accessories. 
4. Swap out slacks for (not too) distressed denim.
5. Add an oversized blazer to your casual look.
6. Wear funky tights instead of socks or traditional knee-highs.

Nothing too crazy, but little things that make an outfit your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment