Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Tough Gal

Lately, I've been trying to re-instate my "Creative Time" concept from a few years back. Because I'm a Virgo, apparently I need to schedule time for things that are important to me. "Creative Time" was an hour I scheduled every day on my iCalendar to remind me to spend time to be creative (here are some posts it inspired). Whether it was working on one of the sewing projects I had piled up in our attic, making a friendship bracelet, journaling/blogging or re-creating one of the millions of projects I have pinned, it was an hour I dedicated to a creative pursuit. 










Blazer: Swapped/DIY, Top: NY & Co, Trousers: Hand-Me-Down, Flats: Via the Wish App,
Sunglasses: ReDress, Necklaces: No Idea - One was "free" and the other is vintage

It's going well so far (I'd say I actually take advantage of the time once or twice a week). And one of the projects I recently completed during this "creative time", was this blazer. I got this knitted blazer from a clothing swap a few years ago and wore it a few times. I soon realized that it would be even better with pleather sleeves. So I took some sleeves I had removed from a hand-me-down pleather jacket and sewed them onto this jacket. I had been avoiding this project because I wasn't sure where to start and didn't want to mess it up. But the joke's on me because it literally took about an hour to remove the sleeves from this blazer and sew on the replacement ones. Maybe not a whole hour, but enough time into watching "Polka King" on Netflix to know I didn't want to finish the movie. 

The thing about wearing pleather is that you need to "girl" it up a bit, at least I think so. And what better way to "girl" up some pleather, than with a pink peplum top (that's part of a two-piece set I wore in a wedding)? I don't think one exists. If you do, let me know! 

Next outfit idea for this blazer is to pair it with my pleather pencil skirt. Stay tuned on how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment