Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fancy Converse






Jacket: Vintage (c/o Black Market Vintage - Toronto), Fur Collar, Suspenders: H&M, White Button-Down: Hand-me-down (Land's End), Leather Pants: Forever21, Converse: PacSun, Jewelry: Assorted

Holy hiatus batman!  I tell ya!  It was NOT intentional.  So Sorry.

Moving On...

Adam and I took these photos about a month ago on the way to have dinner with our parents.  Before that, I went to pick up my car from the car dealership with this fur collar on and sunglasses - let's just say it was quite the hilarious reaction from everyone at the dealership, everyone was SUPER nice to me - I'd like to think it was because I looked so cool, fashionable and intimidating.  If only I'd had one of those long cigarette holders to wave around, but I don't smoke.

I wish I could say that it's been a month since we saw snow, but that would be a lie - since it snowed today.  Amazing.  Thankfully, it cleared up this past weekend for a friend's (friends' plural, since they are both our friends) wedding.

As I  was "planning" this post (i.e. thinking of all the things I wanted to say about this outfit as I chose the photos to include), I realized a lot of these pieces are from places that aren't Akron (or OHIO).  I.e. I found this treasure of a jacket at Black Market Vintage in Toronto on Queen Street when Adam and I went there last August.  It (the jacket) has all of these sweet gold buttons on it and patches that say "Canada".  I was half expecting to find some general's pins of all their accolades on it (but didn't).  If you are ever in Toronto (i.e. go NOW), check out Black Market Vintage.  It looks kind of sketchy (you go down some stairs to a giant basement), but I promise you won't be disappointed.  The Forever21 leather pants I bought in Panama City last April when we went for my friend, Jenelle's, wedding.  And these sunglasses I snagged last minute in NYC when I went in November to visit some friends.  All of the (foreign) items weren't over $10, too!  Pretty neat, at least I think so.

In other thrifty news, I will be competing in the first (EVER) in-store Goodwill Blogger Style Challenge on May 10th!  Basically, a group of area bloggers (me included) will have 30 minutes to style a look under $20 at the Goodwill on Waterloo Road in Akron.  After the 30 minutes are up, we will get to share our looks with everyone and model for the judges - all of YOU!  Long story long, come and check it out on the 10th!


Afterwards, there will be a free class about thrifting!  I for one can't wait (I'm also EXTREMELY nervous about the challenge part - there is some MAJOR competition)!


And finally, as a treat for still reading my blog after all of this time, check out what I found the other day while googling quotes from "Drop Dead Gorgeous"...THIS - it's the ENTIRE script from the movie for those of you wary to click on random links.  AMAZING!

I think that's enough rambling for today!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment