Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Like an Onion

"Ogres are like onions. They stink? Yes..No! OH, they make you cry? No! You leave 'em out in the sun, they get all brown and start sprouting little white hairs? No! Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers.  We both have layers...You get it."

"Oh, you both have LAYERS.  You know? Not everybody likes onions. CAKE! Everybody loves cake. Cakes have layers.  I don't CARE what everybody likes.  Ogres are not like cakes."



Jacket, Tee: Thrifted, Blazer: Marc's, Jeans: Old Navy, Boots: DSW,
Scarf: Hand-Me-Down, Sunglasses: Noto












Please forgive the long "Shrek" intro and the weird crimping in my hair - it was left over from my french twist from the day before.  I was going for "French" with this/that look, but Adam said I landed more on "dressage" ("it's horse DANCING, madam").  Either way, I loved how many layers were involved in this outfit.  The best layer? My oversized, thrifted coat that I could throw over it all and be warm in the shade (man, was it cold in the shade!).

A close second to best thrifted layer is this striped tee.  I can't remember when I thrifted this amazing tee, but somehow, the above photos capture the first time I've worn it!  I'm sad to keep such a gem hidden, but also guess I was saving it for a special occasion (so lame).  No more!

No comments:

Post a Comment